Sunday, March 29, 2009

Late-breaking price changes: good and bad

Shopping report: first, the bad news:
  • 5 lb. bag of potatoes at Fiesta went up $0.20 to $1.99
  • 1 lb. bag of lentils went up $0.49 to $0.99/lb. - forcing me to cross it off the list
But the good news was:
  • Pinto beans went down $0.04/lb. from $0.63 to $0.59, making them comparable to the previous price on lentils.
  • Found a sale on generic oatmeal at H.E.B. - $2.29 for 42 oz. compared to $2.74 at Walmart - since I was buying 2, I saved $0.90, helping me recover from the above losses!
I've updated the Google Spreadsheet to reflect the final accounting.

Here's a photo of everything I purchased for the $30 (click to enlarge). Maybe tomorrow I will post the photos of the receipts if I have time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment