Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thank you, Chinatown

Just a quick update to let you know I managed an extra pound of carrots and and extra quarter-pound of cabbage (for the same amount of money), thanks to a store called Dynasty Supermarket in Chinatown. Carrots are $0.39/lb. and cabbage only $0.25/lb. Amazing. I've been told I need to check out another store down that way called Hong Kong Supermarket. Not sure if I'll have time as it is a bit of a drive for me. Thanks to my friend Judy Ho for the tip on trying Chinatown! Check out my updated Google Spreadsheet.

1 comment:

  1. Dynasty was always my favorite market. When you return to eating out you may want to check out Raja on Hillcroft just south of Westpark. Also the Dumpling House in the Northeast Corner of Diho shopping center a bit east of Dynasty on Bellaire. At the dumpling house it is sometimes a good idea to just sit and sip tea until you see something you like as many dishes are off menu and those on the menu will not be what you expect from eating at the americanized chinese restraunts.

    ReplyDelete