Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thanks to H.E.B. I'll be eating a bit more...

I was pleasantly surprised by H.E.B.'s prices today. Just when I thought I had found the rock bottom prices at Fiesta, sha-bang, H.E.B. came out of nowhere with some pretty amazing prices:

I'll be able to save:
- $0.64 on my 3 dozen eggs. 
- $0.40 on corn tortillas, while adding 18 more tortillas (90-count!)
- $0.05 on each Ramen pack, allowing me to add 5 more packs!

I'll be able to add:
- 1 lb. of vegetable oil spread sticks to fatten up the oatmeal for only $0.59!


Their sign says "Small Store, Big Savings" ... true in my case. One thing to debate. I can get an entire additional pound of rice if I go with their deal on white rice - $2.59 for a 5 lb. bag. Up until now I've been thinking brown rice (4 lbs. at $4.26 - Walmart) for the nutritional benefits. But if I can shave off $1.67 and add a pound of food, that's tempting. Just think of what I could do with $1.67! I could get another 5 lbs. of potatoes at Fiesta! Crazy!

Just 10 days to go before I start on the 30th. Tomorrow or over the weekend I might blog on what I've been thinking and praying about as I approach the challenge. It's really started to hit me, this is not going to be easy. Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

  1. Kirby, you rule. I appreciate you always inspiring us to do more, give more, and live more simply. It will be interesting to see how this 30 days goes!

    ReplyDelete