Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day 20: Rainy Day

Honestly I don't have much to report. With all of the rain today it was kind of a blah day. Just feeling kind of unmotivated. So I was not feeling very creative today. I had my usual oatmeal mix for breakfast, egg fried rice again for lunch, tortilla chips and bean dip again, and then used my bonus egg for an over easy fried egg on a corn tortilla, topped with boiled potatoes, rice and beans for dinner. The bonus egg day (every 5 days) always comes in as a nice boost. Then I had an oatmeal raisin bar for "dessert." Again, it's plenty of food for the most part, it's just finding the time to be creative (toward the goal of variety) and to do the prep work involved in getting there. I was going to try roasting some potatoes and carrots but today's schedule turned out to be a little too overwhelming to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Hopefully tomorrow I'm going to have time to try that out along with an emerging idea on a rice & bean burger patty with make-shift ketchup and egg drop soup! I'm determined that tomorrow is going to be a better day!

Prayer focus: Just pray for Peace Gospel in general today if you would. We're having a bit of a rough month financially and could use some catch-up donations. Fortunately our orphanage budgets in India and Myanmar are supplemented by their farms, but they do not yet cover the entire budgets, and they do not yet cover other aspects of our outreach either. So we've got a short-term goal of raising $10,000 by the end of the month to get us caught up. Pray with us toward that end. 

Estimated Savings for Day 20: Likely would have taken one or more of the kids out for a meal or a treat of some kind, for a bill of around $7.50 for my share. Add this to my normal estimated daily grocery cost of $7, subtract $1 for today's actual cost, and I'm looking at $13.50 saved for my orphanage donation today. My running total is now at $305.81. That's over 10 months' wages among the poor of South Asia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment